Wed, Jun 10 | Webinar
(1 HSW) ReVisioning History Series
Presentations and the moderated panel discussion will specifically address how informed, participatory approaches to planning, development, preservation and sustainability hold the keys to designing a better future for all.
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
Jun 10, 2020, 7:00 PM
About the Event
- Design for Good // Robert Innis How do we advocate for design value, critical thinking, and innovation? How can design be more inclusive, collaborative and interdisciplinary, in order to benefit the greater good?
- ReVisioning Planning // Carlos Gemora How do we begin to develop an inclusive, long-term vision for our city that anticipates the massive technological, economic, demographic and cultural changes that are likely to occur in the next 30 years and beyond?
- ReVisioning Preservation // Shawn Evans Whose history and culture are we preserving, and whose are we excluding or erasing? How have, and how should preservation standards and design guidelines adapt to new insights and voices, to technological and demographic changes?
- ReVisioning Development // Solange Serquis How do we develop effective, equitable and sustainable models of development that satisfy the needs of housing, community and commerce? What are the opportunities for creative and varied approaches to development?
- ReVisioning Sustainability // Jonah Stanford How do we immediately begin delivering on our carbon neutrality goals? How do sustainability goals for building energy use, water and carbon emissions align with equitable development, social and economic resilience, and adaptation to a changing climate?